BLOG & PODCAST
Dr. Michael Grandner is a behavioral sleep medicine specialist and a licensed clinical psychologist. He is the Director of the Sleep and Health Research Program at The University of Arizona, the Director of the Behavioral Sleep Medicine Clinic at the Banner-University Medical Center, and an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Arizona’s College of Medicine. Dr. Grandner’s research focuses on how sleep and sleep-related behaviors impact cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, neurobehavioral functioning, mental health, and longevity.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Michael Grandner shares his advice for optimizing your performance during the COVID-19 crisis
- Dr. Grandner’s experience pioneering the sleep health field
- Why shifting your perception of sleep altogether could be the performance enhancer you’re looking for
- Nancy Rothstein and Dr. Grandner analyze some of the popular misconceptions about sleep and sleep disorders
- Dr. Grandner talks about his book recommendations, exciting new projects, and more
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Michael Grandner
- “Sleep and the athlete: narrative review and 2021 expert consensus recommendations” from British Medical Journal
- Elite Rest
- The Behavioural Sleep Medicine Seminar from the Sleep and Health Research Program at the University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Online Programs from the Sleep and Health Research Program at the University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Nancy Rothstein
- The Sleep Ambassador®
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Resonea.
Almost 100 million people in the United States have sleep issues or disorders—and there is a defined connection between poor sleep health, employee productivity, and absenteeism, which costs employers $63 billion every year.
That’s why Resonea’s team of experts is dedicated to advancing the science of sleep health to improve your performance, safety, and quality of life. They help individuals and groups using their effective process of detection, diagnosis, and treatment for sleep disorders and poor sleep health.
Resonea’s innovative and transformative mobile sleep analysis system, The DROWZLE® Sleep Health Program, is designed to educate, motivate, and measure progress toward better sleep health for employers and employees. Regardless of what sleep health challenges you are facing, you can start benefiting from Resonea’s simple, self-guided program today!
Resonea uses DROWZLE® to improve quality of life in a variety of industries. They offer services to increase consumer awareness of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, optimize dental medicine, promote corporate wellness, and directly address the importance of sleep health in the transportation and manufacturing industries.
So, what are you waiting for?