BLOG & PODCAST
The Importance of “Pillow Talk” and Expert Advice for Couples to Improve Their Sleep
Wendy M. Troxel, PhD, is the Senior Behavioral and Social Scientist at the RAND Corporation, a nonprofit organization that helps improve policy and decision-making using research and analysis. Dr. Troxel is a licensed clinical psychologist with a specialty in sleep medicine, and her research has been featured in esteemed scientific journals, media publications, and her two well-known TEDx talks. Dr. Troxel is also the author of Sharing the Covers: Every Couple’s Guide to Better Sleep, a definitive guide on how to simultaneously improve sleep quality and relationship health.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Wendy Troxel and Dr. Ruchir Sehra discuss how poor sleep health negatively impacts the economy
- How the RAND Corporation analyzes the influence of sleep on employee behavior
- The biggest challenges couples face when sharing a bed: snoring, different wake times, and more
- Dr. Troxel and Dr. Nancy Rothstein talk about the social consequences of sleep loss
- How pillow talk and pre-sleep communication can positively affect your sleep and relationship
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Wendy Troxel on LinkedIn
- Sharing the Covers: Every Couple’s Guide to Better Sleep by Dr. Wendy Troxel
- The Sleep Ambassador
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Resonea.
Almost 100 million people in the United States have sleep issues or disorders—and there is a defined connection between poor sleep health, employee productivity, and absenteeism, which costs employers $63 billion every year.
That’s why Resonea’s team of experts is dedicated to advancing the science of sleep health to improve your performance, safety, and quality of life. They help individuals and groups using their effective process of detection, diagnosis, and treatment for sleep disorders and poor sleep health.
Resonea’s innovative and transformative mobile sleep analysis system, The DROWZLE® Sleep Health Program, is designed to educate, motivate, and measure progress toward better sleep health for employers and employees. Regardless of what sleep health challenges you are facing, you can start benefiting from Resonea’s simple, self-guided program today!
Resonea uses DROWZLE® to improve quality of life in a variety of industries. They offer services to increase consumer awareness of Obstructive Sleep Apnea, optimize dental medicine, promote corporate wellness, and directly address the importance of sleep health in the transportation and manufacturing industries.
So, what are you waiting for?
Contact Resonea to create a new standard for your sleep health and start living your life to the fullest. Visit resonea.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!